One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Sunday 23 October 2016

Brutal Pistonhead Full Amber


This is a lovely dark coffee coloured ale and it smells of warm fruity bread smothered in sweet treacle.  It has quite a good head but it is very fragile and disappears quickly.  The smell is really quite addictive but I had to tear my nose away to take a sip.

The taste is so very disappointing, there is something harsh taking over the flavour and you do find this with high alcohol content ales.  The smell doesn't marry up with the taste and I think it might be the citra hops that is leaving a harsh bitter aftertaste.  Such a shame as I was expecting great things from the look and the smell, but the taste let it down.

Not one Ale be Seeing Again but I'm glad I tried it.

Brewed by Brutal Brewery, Sweden
6.0% ABV

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment