One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Friday 23 September 2016

Allendale GFPA


I could see a bit of sediment in the bottle so I poured it slowly and carefully, although I got a bit of cloudiness in the pour.  It smells very strongly of citrus with a hint of hops.

The head disappears quite quickly but it does leave a bit of lacing on the glass.  Pale ales aren't my favourite but this is very harsh.  It has an overpowering grapefruit taste leaving a bitter aftertaste as if I'd sucked the pith from a grapefruit or lemon.  Due to the strong zestiness it's very refreshing but the taste is just a bit too harsh for me.

I bought this as part of an Allendale mixed pack from Best of British Beer, however, I received mostly pale ales so the lovely folk at Best of British Beer agreed to send me a few darker Allendale ales from their next delivery.  Now that's what I call customer service!

Brewed by Allendale, Northumberland
4.7% ABV

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment