One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Saturday 4 June 2016

Pilsner Urquell


This was a lovely birthday gift from my friend, Karolina, and the first beer I have tried that has an appearance in my World Bottled Beers book.  It is a deep golden colour and has an abundance of energised bubbles, resembling a lava lamp.  Now there's an idea - a beer filled lava lamp...  It has a tremendous head that shows little sign of disappearing and I could smell honey and hops on pouring along with a slight citrus aroma.

It is very pleasant on the tongue; as bubbles burst I could taste hops and ears of corn along with something I couldn't quite put my finger on.  So I ended up cheating and looking in the book; it's herbal aromatics, and I would never have guessed that, despite partaking in the odd Jägermeister or two.  Due to the herbal aromatics, it has such a complex aroma and flavour that it's really difficult to describe, so you really will just have to experience it for yourself.

Pilsner Urquell is tasty and flavoursome; it's certainly one to be savoured as opposed to downing in haste.  I really enjoyed this most excellent gift!

Brewed in Plzeň, Czech Republic
4.4% ABV

No comments:

Post a Comment