One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Saturday 21 May 2016

Adnams Ghost Ship



As you would imagine, I received quite a lot of beer for my birthday yesterday, so it would be rude not to crack one open today.  I received this bottle from my cousin, JP, and also had to include the fabulous card he gave me.  It fits my blog perfectly!

So on to the ale, it's a lot more of an amber colour than I expected for a ghostly pale ale. There is a distinct citrus aroma as it is poured and the head gets full marks for robustness; it maintains about half the head photographed right to the final drop with lovely thick lacing on the glass.  I was expecting a very lemony taste but I was pleasantly surprised; it certainly smells more citrus than it tastes and it has a smooth malty kick followed by a lovely bitter aftertaste, more along the lines of grapefruit than lemon.

I would definitely say this is a 'day' beer - although I don't go in the sun, thanks to inheriting Grandad's ginger skin, it's a perfect pint for a sunny afternoon in the garden.

Ale be Seeing You Again, Adnams Ghost Ship!

Brewed by Adnams, Suffolk
4.5% ABV

No comments:

Post a Comment