One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Thursday 31 December 2015

Allendale Christmas Ale


Wow!  How fabulous does this look?  This has to be the perfect colour for a Christmas ale - deep ruby red with a slightly off-white glorious head.  It actually smells of Thornton's chocolate smothered toffee and I couldn't wait to dive in to have a taste.

As expected, at 7% ABV, it has a strong taste along the lines of dark chocolate.  It is slightly bitter with a lingering treacle/liquorice aftertaste and is absolutely delicious.  It's an ale that cannot be followed as it leaves such a strong taste in the mouth.  I did feel like I needed to clean my teeth (and my tongue) after it, it was so strong and full of body.

Ale be seeing you again next year, Allendale Christmas Ale!

Brewed by Allendale, Northumberland
7% ABV

No comments:

Post a Comment