One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Saturday 3 October 2015

Redwell Steam Lager


This was gorgeous and was not at all what I expected.  It is a lovely amber colour and slightly cloudy like a wheat beer with a hint of orange smell and taste.  It was better than a wheat beer as it wasn't as gassy.  Although it has just a little head, what was there remained until the last drop and left amazing lacing down the side of the glass.  

It has a strong but not at all unpleasant taste and I would put it as a cross between a lager and a wheat beer - I really liked it.  Ale definitely be seeing you again and, as my Uncle David went to Redwell School in South Shields, this would make a good gift for any member of my family!

Brewed by The Craft Brewing Co, Norwich
4.6% ABV

No comments:

Post a Comment