One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Coniston Brewing Co Bluebird Bitter


This fizzes out of the bottle thanks to the live yeast and pours with a stunning bubbly frothy head.  It is a lovely amber colour so I knew I was in for a treat.  There is a very light sediment but it's hardly noticeable and I managed to keep most of it in the bottle on pouring.

It has a very light fruity taste and there is a definite and not unpleasant hint of geraniums. Its not even too fizzy, which I expected it to be after the explosion of bubbles on opening. The big frothy head soon disappears and leaves a much more manageable foam.  I felt it also had a bit of a buttery taste and could imagine eating buttered scones on the banks of Coniston Water with the ghost of The Bluebird whizzing by.

Voted CAMRA Supreme Champion Beer of Britain 1998

It's been on my wishlist for a while and will definitely be a repeat purchase.

Brewed by Coniston Brewing Co, Cumbria
4.2% ABV

No comments:

Post a Comment